Vice President, HR & Safety
9:25 AM Understanding the connection between culture and safety, environmental and financial performance
• What’s the link between culture, reliability and Operational Excellence?
• With so much volatility and risk in hazardous industries today – what impact can culture change can have on safety performance? environmental performance? compliance? nancial performance?
• Where should the responsibility for changing culture sit in an organization?
• Can you measure organizational culture?
• Where do you start when it comes to changing culture?
3:40 PM The path to Safety Excellence through Operational Discipline: Balancing the focus on low probability high consequence events with high probability low consequence events to change culture and behaviors
- What does it mean to achieve excellence in health and safety?
- Designing a model that integrates safety maturity within a management system framework to drive consistency and provide clear expectations
- Creating standardized approaches to business functions: Centralizing knowledge and oversight, while giving flexibility in implementation
- The cultural transformation: Focusing on employee mindset and behaviours – the critical role of front line supervision